Sunday, February 5, 2012

Birthday Cakes, Part 2

Here's another post to catch you up on all the yummy memories from my cake decorating past. I hope you enjoy and even get an idea or two from it. If you do just link back to me in a blog or facebook post!

My Sweetie Pie's 3rd birthday party. This is Foofa from Yo Gabba Gabba. If you 're a parent of young children chances are  you have the unfortunate pleasure of knowing who Foofa is. If you don't count your blessings and be glad you don't know what this cartoon is.  ;)

I made this cake for my brother and sister in law when they where expecting their sweet little nugget, Eli.



This was for my Sweet Pea's 5th birthday. She is really big into Littlest Pet Shop creatures. I knew I wouldn't really be able to do an actual character that looked like these.(Not yet, anyway!) I found the "Birthday Pet" set at Wal-mart and added them on top of the cake, which featured her favorite colors.(at that moment!)

This was for my Mama's 50th birthday. This was really fun to make. The party was also a surprise, so it made it even more fun! ;) (I found the technique here. She has some really awesome cakes and icing ideas.)
My Sweetie Pie's 4th Birthday. She had a Tea Party...Party .  :) She had her dress picked out for a month.  She was so pleased with it that I got a, "Awe, it's perfect, Mommy!" 
I made this for my cousin's 18th birthday party.  He signed the contract to become a Marine! So , naturally, he needed an USMC cake. My husband being a former Marine, approved! ;)
My little man's 3rd birthday cake. (Can't believe he's 3 already!) He loves Phineas and Ferb. I was planning on  drawing the characters on the cake and then filling them in with icing. But the peach color I picked out, for their skin color, wasn't peach. Do you see the orange around the cake and with the writing? Yeah, that's what they said was peach! Dear Wilton, that's orange! I think it still turned out pretty good, I mean look at his face! ;)
I made this for my hubby. He requested a homemade coconut cake for his birthday. So ,of course, I had to make him one. This was the first coconut cake that I have ever made and it was really great, if I do say so myself!




So, that should get you caught up on all the cakes I've made. I'm sure there are some more but I'm not sure where the pictures are. I can't wait to show you my next recipe. Tell me do you like bread? If you do, check back this week and I'll have a really delightful post about nice, hot, bread. 

Have a delicious day!
Jessica

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Wonderful Job with all the cakes!

Fairyluver said...

Very cute cakes!! I used to be very big into cake decorating..it started with the Micheal's craft store classes and i loved it. I even made a few wedding cakes but decided to take a break after my last stressful wedding cake episode. I turned my back for two minutes and three huge bites we're taken out of it by little hands..(aka my three year old daughter) So basically had to make a wedding cake in one day which happened to be the same day as the wedding...YIKES!!! So know I just stick to my kids birthday cakes for now..lol
My favorite cake is your littlest pet shop one..Very cute!!